Police arrest and charge man, 22, with Soham arson attacks after tip-offs from the public
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested and charged in connection with a series of arson attacks in Soham.
East Cambridgeshire Police said the arrest of Paul Fiebig, 22, of Queensway, Soham, followed tip offs from the public.
Fiebig appeared before magistrates in Cambridge today and has been remanded in custody until June,
A police spokesman said: "Thank you to everyone who helped to provide information."
Last month Soham had nine separate fires, with four more in other areas of the district. It is not known how many of these relate to the accused man.
You may also want to watch:
Station commander Pete Jones, the service's arson liaison officer, said: "A significant number of deliberate fires across the county during April have sparked concern for fire officers.
"Our firefighters responded to 91 fires that were started deliberately last month, an increase of 34 from the previous month and 48 more than last year.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
"These incidents were spread across various locations, with some specific areas showing considerable activity."
In Fenland there were 13 fires reported, four of which were located in March.