Soham Man Handed Lengthy Prison Term For Rape
A SOHAM man convicted of rape, sexual assault and assault has been sentenced to six years in jail.Jason Edwards, 37, of Rosebay Gardens, Soham, was sentenced yesterday at Cambridge Crown Court.The offences were committed against a woman who was known to
A SOHAM man convicted of rape, sexual assault and assault has been sentenced to six years in jail.
Jason Edwards, 37, of Rosebay Gardens, Soham, was sentenced yesterday at Cambridge Crown Court.
The offences were committed against a woman who was known to Edwards and took place in Ely in April 2008. On his release from jail Edwards will remain on the sex offenders register for life.
DC Kathy Gordon, who led the case, said: "I am pleased with the sentence given to Edwards and the decision to place him on the sex offenders register for the rest of his life.
You may also want to watch:
"Edwards was a practised liar and admitted to lying to police during his interview.
"My thoughts now go out to the victim and I hope that in time she is able to move on from this horrendous attack.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest