Soham Man Handed Lengthy Prison Term For Rape
A SOHAM man convicted of rape, sexual assault and assault has been sentenced to six years in jail.Jason Edwards, 37, of Rosebay Gardens, Soham, was sentenced yesterday at Cambridge Crown Court.The offences were committed against a woman who was known to
A SOHAM man convicted of rape, sexual assault and assault has been sentenced to six years in jail.
Jason Edwards, 37, of Rosebay Gardens, Soham, was sentenced yesterday at Cambridge Crown Court.
The offences were committed against a woman who was known to Edwards and took place in Ely in April 2008. On his release from jail Edwards will remain on the sex offenders register for life.
DC Kathy Gordon, who led the case, said: "I am pleased with the sentence given to Edwards and the decision to place him on the sex offenders register for the rest of his life.
You may also want to watch:
"Edwards was a practised liar and admitted to lying to police during his interview.
"My thoughts now go out to the victim and I hope that in time she is able to move on from this horrendous attack.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’