Soham Man Handed Lengthy Prison Term For Rape
A SOHAM man convicted of rape, sexual assault and assault has been sentenced to six years in jail.Jason Edwards, 37, of Rosebay Gardens, Soham, was sentenced yesterday at Cambridge Crown Court.The offences were committed against a woman who was known to
A SOHAM man convicted of rape, sexual assault and assault has been sentenced to six years in jail.
Jason Edwards, 37, of Rosebay Gardens, Soham, was sentenced yesterday at Cambridge Crown Court.
The offences were committed against a woman who was known to Edwards and took place in Ely in April 2008. On his release from jail Edwards will remain on the sex offenders register for life.
DC Kathy Gordon, who led the case, said: "I am pleased with the sentence given to Edwards and the decision to place him on the sex offenders register for the rest of his life.
"Edwards was a practised liar and admitted to lying to police during his interview.
"My thoughts now go out to the victim and I hope that in time she is able to move on from this horrendous attack.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months