Soham man charged with possessing more than 150,000 indecent images of children committed to crown court
- Credit: Archant
A 53-year-old man from Soham appeared before magistrates charged with possessing more than 150,000 indecent images of children.
Jonathan Gibbs, of Paddock Street, stands accused of six counts of making indecent images of children and two counts of possessing indecent images.
It is alleged that, in November 2013, Gibbs had 155,210 images of children in his possession, including 17 images at level five, judged the most serious by the courts.
It is also alleged that, on the same date, Gibbs had 134 movies of children, including two at level five.
The 53-year-old appeared at Cambridge Magistrates Court on October 21 to answer the charges after failing to appear at an earlier hearing.
You may also want to watch:
He was committed to Cambridge Crown Court, with the date of the hearing yet to be fixed. He was granted bail subject to conditions.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 3 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 4 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 9 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 10 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past