Residents dance, drink and get tattoos
- Credit: EMMA HALES
Residents and staff at Soham Lodge Care Centre danced along to rock music while taking part in a 'booze 'n’ tattoos' event.
Organised and hosted by events manager Emma Hales, residents chose from hundreds of temporary tattoo designs while sampling a range of alcoholic beverages.
Emma said: "A display board which featured over 200 temporary tattoos and visual imagery of real tattoos was put on display in the day room on Thursday May 13.
"As well as listening and dancing along to rock music whilst choosing their tattoos, residents reminisced and shared stories about their first tattoo.
"Staff members also joined in on the fun and a great day was had by all," she added.
You may also want to watch:
Next week's event will be a “Mad Hatters Tea Party' with an Alice in Wonderland theme.
Residents have also been busy planning their first seaside outing since the beginning of lockdown.
- 1 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 2 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 10 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
"The go-ahead announcement has truly raised everyone's spirits," said Emma.