Soham Library to run story-writing competition for local school children
- Credit: Archant
Soham Library is running a story-writing competition for local school children.
The winners of each category will help Father Christmas turn on the Christmas lights in Soham at the Soham Winter Fayre on Friday November 24.
Entries need to be in by Friday November 17. The library also hopes to have a display with the best stories for everyone to read in the run up to Christmas.
Sharon Wright, of Soham Library, said: “The story can be any kind of Christmas Story. You may take inspiration from the original Christmas story, or maybe something more recent, like The Christmasuarus?
“It could be a Christmas adventure in Soham or perhaps a Christmas in the future?”
You may also want to watch:
“There are two age categories: five to seven year olds can write up to 1,000 words whilst eight to 11 year olds can write up to 2,000 words.
“Entries can be dropped off in the library or in school (The Shade, St Andrew’s or The Weatheralls).
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
“Please put them in a sealed envelope with your name and contact details.”