Soham homeowner forced to flee after kitchen goes up in smoke
- Credit: Archant
A SOHAM resident was forced to flee their home after a fire broke out on Thursday morning.
A fire crew from Ely and one from Soham were called to reports of a house fire in Heron Croft shortly after 9am.
The fire started in a faulty fuse box located in the kitchen and quickly spread to a fridge, causing the room to fill with smoke.
Four firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used two CO2 extinguishers and one hose reel to put out the fire.
The kitchen has been severely smoke damaged and the rest of the house has also suffered heavy smoke damage. The owner of the home was in the property but managed to get out before firefighters arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 10.30am.
The cause of the fire was accidental, believed to be an electrical fault.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'