Soham Fund-raiser Callum Receives Diana Award
INSPIRATIONAL young fund-raiser Callum Fairhurst has received a coveted Diana Award in recognition of his charity work.
Liam was diagnosed with a soft tissue cancer in his leg at the age of 10 but throughout his battle with the disease he continued to support Clic Sargent which raises money and supports children with cancer.
Callum was one of 75 young people to receive a Diana Award at a ceremony at the Barclays Building in Canary Wharft in London on Monday afternoon.
After receiving his award from the Rt Hon Nick Gibb, Minister for Schools, he said: “The award means a lot to me and I am really happy about receiving it.” Callum also told the audience about his planned Twcycle bike ride from Lands End to John O’Groats which takes place in August. He hopes the event will raised �20,000 for Clic.
Callum was nominated by the Ely Standard newspaper and Editor Debbie Davies said: “Callum has shown the most amazing strength of character since Liam’s sad death, and this week especially as the first anniversary of Liam’s death is marked our thoughts are with Mark, Sarah and Callum.
You may also want to watch:
“Callum is so deserving of this award - he is a fantastic role model for his peer group and he and the other Diana Award winners do so much to dispel the many negative images and stereotypes of teenagers. Callum is a plucky lad who has a cheeky entrepreneurial spirit and will surely go on to do great things with his life.”
INFO: If you would like more information about Callum’s Twcycle or would like to make a donation, go to: www.justgiving.com/twcyle
- 1 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer