Soham Fund-Raiser Callum Fairhurst Has Organised A Bike Ride To Raise Money For Clic Sargent
SOHAM fund-raiser Callum Fairhurst has organised a bike ride from John O Groats to Land s End to raise money for children s cancer charity Clic Sargent. Callum, aged 12, lost his brother Liam to cancer in 2009, and has vowed to continue fund-raising for C
SOHAM fund-raiser Callum Fairhurst has organised a bike ride from John O'Groats to Land's End to raise money for children's cancer charity Clic Sargent.
Callum, aged 12, lost his brother Liam to cancer in 2009, and has vowed to continue fund-raising for Clic Sargent.
Callum has organised the cycle ride through Twitter and has name the event TwycleBritain. Other fund-raising projects will take place leading up to the bike ride which will take place in August and September with riders taking on two-hour stints to complete the 1,000 miles.
An online auction will run on May 21 to kick-start the fund-raising campaign, which Callum hopes will raise �20,000.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: Callum Fairhurst receiving his Diana Award for his magnificent fund-raising from ex-Prime Minister's wife Sarah Brown.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club