Easter bonnet events at two residential homes in Soham
- Credit: Archant
Two Easter bonnet events were enjoyed in Soham with prizes and fun for all those taking part.
Easter bonnet parades were held at two residential care homes, Millbrook House and Soham Lodge.
At the Millbrook House event the hats were judged by shop keeper Jacky Hibbert of JakHibs DIY.
Organisers say it was very well attended with around 50 people, which included a four generation family, the Martins, who took park from great grandmother down to a baby.
Three winners were first prize to Lee Lorkin with a tribute to the late Ken Dodd.
You may also want to watch:
Second prize went to Bev Lorkin and third prize went to Cis Ellis.
At Soham Lodge an Easter coffee morning wsa organised by volunteers of Soham Lodge care home.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
They raised more than £600 which will be used for trips out for their residents.
Mayor Councillor Richard Hobbs joined the event and was given a tour afterwards. He said: “I was shown round the care home and was very impressed by the level of care and happy feel this home offered.”