Easter bonnet events at two residential homes in Soham
- Credit: Archant
Two Easter bonnet events were enjoyed in Soham with prizes and fun for all those taking part.
Easter bonnet parades were held at two residential care homes, Millbrook House and Soham Lodge.
At the Millbrook House event the hats were judged by shop keeper Jacky Hibbert of JakHibs DIY.
Organisers say it was very well attended with around 50 people, which included a four generation family, the Martins, who took park from great grandmother down to a baby.
Three winners were first prize to Lee Lorkin with a tribute to the late Ken Dodd.
Second prize went to Bev Lorkin and third prize went to Cis Ellis.
At Soham Lodge an Easter coffee morning wsa organised by volunteers of Soham Lodge care home.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
They raised more than £600 which will be used for trips out for their residents.
Mayor Councillor Richard Hobbs joined the event and was given a tour afterwards. He said: “I was shown round the care home and was very impressed by the level of care and happy feel this home offered.”