Soham dancer Halle wins top prize at Imperial Society for Teachers of Dance grand final
- Credit: Archant
An eight-year-old from Soham has been crowned Britain’s best disco freestyle dancer.
Halle Ogilvie, who goes to Weatheralls Primary School, claimed her first win at the Imperial Society for Teachers of Dance (ISTD) grand finals in Guildford over the weekend.
She saw off competition from over 60 other entrants to wow judges in the under 10 disco freestyle solo event.
Halle’s impressive achievement is the culmination of months of training at the Soham branch of the Gail Henry School of Dance, where she has been dancing since she was just three years old.
Halle’s mum, Amy, said: “It’s the third time she has competed at the grand final so it’s definitely third time lucky!
You may also want to watch:
“To say my daughter is the best under 10 disco freestyle dancer in the country is a great feeling.
“Winning in the final has definitely spurred her on to keep dancing and we’re very proud of her.”
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
Her dad, Duncan, said: “We are very proud of her - well done my dancing queen!”