Soham dancer Halle wins top prize at Imperial Society for Teachers of Dance grand final
- Credit: Archant
An eight-year-old from Soham has been crowned Britain’s best disco freestyle dancer.
Halle Ogilvie, who goes to Weatheralls Primary School, claimed her first win at the Imperial Society for Teachers of Dance (ISTD) grand finals in Guildford over the weekend.
She saw off competition from over 60 other entrants to wow judges in the under 10 disco freestyle solo event.
Halle’s impressive achievement is the culmination of months of training at the Soham branch of the Gail Henry School of Dance, where she has been dancing since she was just three years old.
Halle’s mum, Amy, said: “It’s the third time she has competed at the grand final so it’s definitely third time lucky!
“To say my daughter is the best under 10 disco freestyle dancer in the country is a great feeling.
“Winning in the final has definitely spurred her on to keep dancing and we’re very proud of her.”
- 1 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 2 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 3 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 7 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 8 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
Her dad, Duncan, said: “We are very proud of her - well done my dancing queen!”