Soham company helps to raise thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Soham company has helped to raise over £75,000 for charity.
Witham Oil and Paint, at 28 Regal Drive, raised £4,255 at their annual charity dinner dance taking the total amount raised to over £75,000 since the first event 25 years ago.
The company has been hosting the annual dinner dance for employees, customers and suppliers since January 1993 and raises money for charity every year through an auction and raffle.
This year, the money raised has been shared between six charities, chosen by Witham employees in Lincoln, Soham and Lowestoft. The chosen charities are:
• Arthritis Research UK
You may also want to watch:
• British Heart Foundation
• Brain Tumour Research
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
• Guide Dogs for the Blind
• Leukaemia UK
• Lincoln 27th Scout Group
Nigel R Bottom, Witham Group managing director, said: “We’re extremely proud to know that we have contributed to so many great charities over the years.
“Our teams, customers and suppliers have done a tremendous job and have been very generous raising thousands of pounds that will improve the lives of people across the UK.”