Soham Christmas Lights: when and where is the switch on this year?
- Credit: Archant
Soham’s Christmas lights will be turned on next Friday evening after the town’s annual Christmas Fayre.
Taking place on Friday November 24, the firework opening and switch-on will take place at 6pm.
There will be free fairground rides, Father Christmas and grotto, food, games, gifts, crafts, music and more.
The event is organised by Soham Heritage and Tourism and St Andrew’s Church.
The free fairground rides are sponsored by Soham Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of a Christmas-based story-writing competition organised by Soham Library will also get the chance to help Father Christmas turn on the lights on the night. Entries need to be in by tomorrow, Friday November 17.
Meanwhile, a house on Julius Martin Lane, Soham, has been covered in Christmas decorations since September – to raise money for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices charity.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
The couple responsible are retired husband and wife, Helen and John Attlesey. They decorate their home on Julius Martin Lane top to bottom every year.