Soham Christmas Lights: when and where is the switch on this year?
- Credit: Archant
Soham’s Christmas lights will be turned on next Friday evening after the town’s annual Christmas Fayre.
Taking place on Friday November 24, the firework opening and switch-on will take place at 6pm.
There will be free fairground rides, Father Christmas and grotto, food, games, gifts, crafts, music and more.
The event is organised by Soham Heritage and Tourism and St Andrew’s Church.
The free fairground rides are sponsored by Soham Town Council.
The winners of a Christmas-based story-writing competition organised by Soham Library will also get the chance to help Father Christmas turn on the lights on the night. Entries need to be in by tomorrow, Friday November 17.
Meanwhile, a house on Julius Martin Lane, Soham, has been covered in Christmas decorations since September – to raise money for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices charity.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
The couple responsible are retired husband and wife, Helen and John Attlesey. They decorate their home on Julius Martin Lane top to bottom every year.