Photographer unearths snaps from Soham Carnival in 1968, 69 and 70
- Credit: Lance Clements
A photographer has unearthed images taken more than 50 years ago from Soham’s annual town carnival – featuring floats and marching bands.
Readers may be able to spot themselves in the stunning gallery of more than 25 pictures which have been restored and reuploaded online.
Lance Clements of Hall Street, Soham, snapped the pictures from the front garden of his bungalow - where he lives with his wife – in 1968, 1969 and 1970.
Mr Clements’ son Mark gave the new digital versions to the Ely Standard, saying his dad would he “really proud” to see them shared with a new audience.
“Dad will be really proud to see his photos being enjoyed by the people of Soham and beyond,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I've been scanning my parent's old photo slides for something to do during restrictions.
“I'm the young lad on the 2nd Soham Scout float photo. I was five or six.”
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 8 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
“Great photos and lovely memories, I was on the Brook Street ‘RAF’ theme float,” said one resident who managed to find themselves in the photos.