Photographer unearths snaps from Soham Carnival in 1968, 69 and 70
- Credit: Lance Clements
A photographer has unearthed images taken more than 50 years ago from Soham’s annual town carnival – featuring floats and marching bands.
Readers may be able to spot themselves in the stunning gallery of more than 25 pictures which have been restored and reuploaded online.
Lance Clements of Hall Street, Soham, snapped the pictures from the front garden of his bungalow - where he lives with his wife – in 1968, 1969 and 1970.
Mr Clements’ son Mark gave the new digital versions to the Ely Standard, saying his dad would he “really proud” to see them shared with a new audience.
“Dad will be really proud to see his photos being enjoyed by the people of Soham and beyond,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I've been scanning my parent's old photo slides for something to do during restrictions.
“I'm the young lad on the 2nd Soham Scout float photo. I was five or six.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day
“Great photos and lovely memories, I was on the Brook Street ‘RAF’ theme float,” said one resident who managed to find themselves in the photos.