Soham Carnival funds available for good causes
HUNDREDS of pounds raised at this year’s Soham Carnival has yet to be allocated and organisers are appealing for local good causes and charities to come forward.
The Soham Benevolent Association and Soham Carnival Committee allocate thousands of pounds to good causes in the town every year from the proceeds of the town’s carnival.
This year, the main beneficiary of the event was the St Andrew’s School Pool Fund but organisers say they still have a pot of money to give up and would like to hear from groups who are in need of a boost.
Kate Bavestar, secretary of the Soham Benevolent Association, told the Ely Standard: “The main beneficiary this year is the St Andrews School Pool Fund as advertised prior to the event but we still have quite a pot of money to divide up and give away. “Previously we have given money to organisations like St Johns Ambulance, Soham colts football for new kit, the roller hockey club for new kit and equipment, Viva as a contribution to their travel costs to the Edinburgh Festival and the over 60s club.”
“We need letters applying for funds from people by 1 August 15 and we will let applicants know if they have been successful following a meeting at the end of August.”
You may also want to watch:
Kate added that all applications would be considered and that successful applicants would be invited to attend a presentation evening on Wednesday, September 12.
If you are a local group and would like to apply to the association for funds, please write to carnival chairman Kim Botting at 44 Martins Close, Soham, CB7 5ES or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos