Soham Carnival back with a bang on bank holiday Monday
- Credit: Archant
The fun-filled annual Soham Carnival and Heavy Horse Show returns for its 62nd running on bank holiday Monday.
Organised by the Soham Benevolent Association, the carnival and show is being held on the town’s recreation ground, in Fountain Lane.
Confirmed for this year’s event are Moto Stunts International, who will performing a range of motorcycle, quad bike and car stunt shows in the main arena after the heavy horse show finishes at 1pm.
There will be displays by a dog search and rescue team, BMX and scooter competitions, a live music stage, magic and majorette displays, stalls, inflatables, a bar, barbecue and more.
The Townsperson of the Year competition was held again this year and the winner will be presented with a trophy at the carnival.
You may also want to watch:
The traditional carnival parade will leave from Qua Fen Common and run from Townsend through High Street and arrive in the main arena at 1.30pm, where judging will take place.
If you are interested in having a float, stall or have any questions, email email@example.com or contact Kim Botting on 01353 624493.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 9 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k