Soham Carnival 2018 takes place on Bank Holiday Monday
- Credit: Archant
Soham Carnival 2018 takes place on Monday May 28 at Soham Recreation Ground from 9am to 5.30pm.
In the main arena from 9am-1pm is the Traditional Heavy Horse Show followed by the parade of floats which leaves Holmes Lane in Soham at 1pm arriving in the arena for the judging at 1.45pm.
Carnival prince Emerson Hiller and princess Grace Wright will be in the parade along with their attendants, Erin Latimer, Sophie Cousins and Oliver Coleman.
Organisers have congratulated Freya Bailey who won the competition for the programme front cover design and to Helen and John Attlesey who won townspersons of the year for their Christmas light display they hold every year for charity.
Helen and John will be judging the floats along with special guest Dotty McLoud from BBC radio Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be performances from TEAM MAD- a top UK mountain bike ariel display team – as well as a ‘Have a go’ children’s sports event held by Premier Sports.
The fun dog show also returns for its second year. Bring your dog along from 10.30am to 1pm and enter one of the classes. Once again, TV celebrity Sian Ryan - dog trainer and behaviourist from the BBC2 show ‘Me and My Dog’ - will be a judge at this years event.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
From 11am-4pm on the skate park are the BMX and scooter competitions
(parental consent form required for under 16’s).
The live music stage starts at 12.45pm with performances from singing compare Michael Antony, Tanisha and Abigail, The A142’s Band, Riff Raff, Viva, KD Theatre, Special Groove and DJ sets from Vinyl Sebas, Jem Howe and Neil Brosnan.
Other attractions include Soham Comrades Band, majorettes, a circus workshop, Punch & Judy, BBQ, stalls, raffle, games, fun fair and more.
Admission costs £3.50 for adults, £2.50 for concessions and 50p for children under the age of 16. Proceeds from the carnival will be distributed to local clubs, organisations, schools and charities.
The main beneficiaries this year are the three primary schools in Soham: St Andrew’s, The Weatheralls and The Shade.
To be considered for a donation for your organisation, charity or club, write to Soham Benevolent Association, 44 Martin’s Close, Soham, CB7 5ES or email -firstname.lastname@example.org by June 18.