Over £3000 raised for children’s hospices at festival
- Credit: EACH
A popular beer and music festival has raised thousands for charity.
Festival goers at Soham beer and music festival showed their ‘brew’ colours by donating vital funds to East Anglia’s children’s hospices EACH and Stars.
Locals were excited to see the return of the annual festival in August organised by the Rotary Club of Soham Staploe.
The charity, EACH, was chosen last year but as the event was cancelled because of Covid, the club kindly chose to roll over its support to 2021.
EACH care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions.
You may also want to watch:
EACH Regional Fundraiser Tina Burdett was invited to a recent presentation evening where, along with Stars charity, both great causes received cheques for £3150.
“We’re very grateful to have the support of the Rotary Club of Soham Staploe," said Tina.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“This cheque will help us make a real difference to the lives of families we support.”