Soham author Tony releases 300 pages of poetry as part of debut anthology ‘Ancient Voices Ever Singing’
- Credit: Archant
A 74-year-old Soham-born author has released more than 300 pages of poetry as part of his first anthology collection.
Tony Leonard, who also has 15 plays to his name, has put together seven sections of poetry all about the supernatural and spiritual history of Great Britain.
The collection – called Ancient Voices Ever Singing – includes more than 150 poems, exploring the dark practices of Paganism to the enlightenment following the introduction of Christianity.
“I’ve been doing it for years and my imagination is constantly creating,” said Tony, who is also part of a poetry and folk music club.
“The poems take you back.”
Tony says he writes to engage the reader and that his work explores folk lore, legends, and classical culture.
There’s even reference to Cambridgeshire in his poems.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
The book is available to buy at Topping & Company Bookshop in Ely, Soham Books, on Amazon for £10.99, or at Heffers in Cambridge for £6.99.