Budding storyteller Denzil joins Soham author Chip Colquhoun at Burrows Bookshop in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Soham author Chip Colquhoun spent the day at Burrows Bookshop in Ely on Saturday (October 14).
He spent the day signing copies of his published books ‘Who Made England’ and ‘The First King of England (in a dress!)’.
Among the children who went to the signing was Denzil Locke, from Soham, who has a story published in Colquhoun’s book.
As well as a chance to meet the author, there was storytelling and face-painting.
Chip began storytelling professionally in 2007, co-founding Snail Tales with Amy Robinson. He’s since performed in seven countries, represented the Oxford Reading Tree online, and wrote the EU guide to storytelling for schools as well as Cambridgeshire Folk Tales for Children.
He lives in Soham with Emma and Tito, and presents The Graticast on YouTube.
He has told stories around the country at theatres, festivals, schools, museums and libraries.
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 4 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 5 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
For more information about Chip Colquhoun and his work visit https://sfs.org.uk/people/chip-colquhoun