Police called to 14 Cambridgeshire crashes in 24 hours - and calls are still coming in as snow blankets the county
- Credit: Archant
Police have been called to 14 road traffic incidents in the last 24 hours – and say calls are still coming in across the county as the snow persists.
One of the incidents happened on the A142 and a driver was left with extensive damage to the front near side of their Mercedes CLK convertible.
Sergeant Phil Priestley said: “I have been out on the roads this morning and I have encountered two vehicles that weren’t even reported to us in the first instance.
“The conditions on the road can’t be taken for granted.
“We are asking drivers to take particular care in residential areas where they are likely to encounter children playing in the snow.
“Stopping distances are highly unpredictable, even at slow speed.
“Please stick to essential journeys and when travelling take extra care to anticipate hazards with reduced speed.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
“Conditions are heavier as you travel north, and we are advising drivers to check the latest travel news before setting out.”