Smiles at the ready as we launch 2013 Baby of the Year competition
- Credit: Archant
EAST Cambridgeshire’s cutest youngsters are preparing to take centre stage once again as the 2013 Baby of the Year competition is launched by the Ely Standard.
Almost 90 smiling babies graced the pages of the paper last year, as parents flocked to our special studio to have their children’s photos taken.
The heartwarming images of smiling toddlers were also a big hit with readers across the district, with hundreds of votes flooding in to chose a winner in each age group.
There are again three categories in this year’s competition. They are: 0-18 months, 19-36 months and three to five years.
A photographer from the Portrait Group will be at Wilkinson’s from June 4-8. The studio will be open each day from 10am-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
It is free to enter and photographs will be available to buy from the Portrait Group.
All the pictures taken will appear in our newspaper and readers will be able to vote for their favourite in each category.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
The winner in each group will win a contemporary portrait, courtesy of the Portrait Group.