Smiles at the ready as we launch 2013 Baby of the Year competition
- Credit: Archant
EAST Cambridgeshire’s cutest youngsters are preparing to take centre stage once again as the 2013 Baby of the Year competition is launched by the Ely Standard.
Almost 90 smiling babies graced the pages of the paper last year, as parents flocked to our special studio to have their children’s photos taken.
The heartwarming images of smiling toddlers were also a big hit with readers across the district, with hundreds of votes flooding in to chose a winner in each age group.
There are again three categories in this year’s competition. They are: 0-18 months, 19-36 months and three to five years.
A photographer from the Portrait Group will be at Wilkinson’s from June 4-8. The studio will be open each day from 10am-4pm.
It is free to enter and photographs will be available to buy from the Portrait Group.
All the pictures taken will appear in our newspaper and readers will be able to vote for their favourite in each category.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
The winner in each group will win a contemporary portrait, courtesy of the Portrait Group.