Smiles at the ready as we launch 2013 Baby of the Year competition
- Credit: Archant
EAST Cambridgeshire’s cutest youngsters are preparing to take centre stage once again as the 2013 Baby of the Year competition is launched by the Ely Standard.
Almost 90 smiling babies graced the pages of the paper last year, as parents flocked to our special studio to have their children’s photos taken.
The heartwarming images of smiling toddlers were also a big hit with readers across the district, with hundreds of votes flooding in to chose a winner in each age group.
There are again three categories in this year’s competition. They are: 0-18 months, 19-36 months and three to five years.
A photographer from the Portrait Group will be at Wilkinson’s from June 4-8. The studio will be open each day from 10am-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
It is free to enter and photographs will be available to buy from the Portrait Group.
All the pictures taken will appear in our newspaper and readers will be able to vote for their favourite in each category.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The winner in each group will win a contemporary portrait, courtesy of the Portrait Group.