Smiles at the ready as we launch 2013 Baby of the Year competition
- Credit: Archant
EAST Cambridgeshire’s cutest youngsters are preparing to take centre stage once again as the 2013 Baby of the Year competition is launched by the Ely Standard.
Almost 90 smiling babies graced the pages of the paper last year, as parents flocked to our special studio to have their children’s photos taken.
The heartwarming images of smiling toddlers were also a big hit with readers across the district, with hundreds of votes flooding in to chose a winner in each age group.
There are again three categories in this year’s competition. They are: 0-18 months, 19-36 months and three to five years.
A photographer from the Portrait Group will be at Wilkinson’s from June 4-8. The studio will be open each day from 10am-4pm.
It is free to enter and photographs will be available to buy from the Portrait Group.
All the pictures taken will appear in our newspaper and readers will be able to vote for their favourite in each category.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Efforts of Cambridgeshire’s Covid community champions recognised in Parliament
The winner in each group will win a contemporary portrait, courtesy of the Portrait Group.