Smart new team charity shirts for Witchford Colts youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Parents of Witchford Colts under 11s blue team fundraised for a new training top while helping a local animal charity.
The youngsters now wear a smart new blue kit with the logo of Wood Green animal charity.
A club's representative said: "Local grassroots sports club's gain a lot from local businesses in the way of sponsorship.
"Therefore it's nice to put something back into the local community by supporting a great charity."
The club started off with just one under 8s team in 2002 and now have fifteen sides, plus an academy.
You may also want to watch:
More than 250 children are registered with the club aged between four and 16.
The club is run by volunteer coaches who give up their time to develop the children's footballing abilities and social skills, in a safe environment.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress