Slim-ply the best year
MEMBERS of a Littleport slimming class are celebrating after losing a collective 60 stones in weight over the last 12 months. Group leader Angela Spencer set up the class at the St George s Medical Centre and says sensible eating and regular exercise hav
MEMBERS of a Littleport slimming class are celebrating after losing a collective 60 stones in weight over the last 12 months.
Group leader Angela Spencer set up the class at the St George's Medical Centre and says sensible eating and regular exercise have been the key to helping her class lose so much weight.
"It has been an enormous success. Everyone is keen and enthusiastic and it's a really friendly class. Eating sensibly and taking some regular exercise should be part of everyone's normal routine, but sadly, in the days of fast-food and busy lifestyles this seems to be less of a priority.
"It is also vitally important that we teach our children good habits for the future. Good health is really important and by making a few changes in the way we eat and taking some regular exercise we can improve our well-being tremendously."
INFO: The class is held on Monday evenings at the health centre at 6.45pm.
Angela also runs a class at the Ross Peers Sports Centre in Soham on Wednesday at the same time.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
There is a £5 joining fee and then it's £3.50 per week. Contact Angela on 01353 661969.