Slim-ply the best year
MEMBERS of a Littleport slimming class are celebrating after losing a collective 60 stones in weight over the last 12 months. Group leader Angela Spencer set up the class at the St George s Medical Centre and says sensible eating and regular exercise hav
MEMBERS of a Littleport slimming class are celebrating after losing a collective 60 stones in weight over the last 12 months.
Group leader Angela Spencer set up the class at the St George's Medical Centre and says sensible eating and regular exercise have been the key to helping her class lose so much weight.
"It has been an enormous success. Everyone is keen and enthusiastic and it's a really friendly class. Eating sensibly and taking some regular exercise should be part of everyone's normal routine, but sadly, in the days of fast-food and busy lifestyles this seems to be less of a priority.
"It is also vitally important that we teach our children good habits for the future. Good health is really important and by making a few changes in the way we eat and taking some regular exercise we can improve our well-being tremendously."
You may also want to watch:
INFO: The class is held on Monday evenings at the health centre at 6.45pm.
Angela also runs a class at the Ross Peers Sports Centre in Soham on Wednesday at the same time.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
There is a £5 joining fee and then it's £3.50 per week. Contact Angela on 01353 661969.