Slideshow: Mepal Annual Show
MEPAL S 36th annual show was held on Saturday at the village hall. Ernie Barlow, of the produce show committee said there were fewer entrants than last year but the same number of entries. The exhibits were of a very high standard, according to the judg
MEPAL'S 36th annual show was held on Saturday at the village hall.
Ernie Barlow, of the produce show committee said there were fewer entrants than last year but the same number of entries.
"The exhibits were of a very high standard, according to the judges," he added.
Prizes were awarded by BBC Radio Cambridgeshire's Peter Jackson and the day finished with an auction of the remaining produce.
You may also want to watch:
Best front garden: Honore Goodjohn
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Best garden feature: Pam Parkes-Pfeil for
Vegetables: Don Francis Vegetables, most points in the vegetable and flower Most Marrow: Don Francis
Tomatoes: Don Francis
Runner beans: Don Francis
Roses: Don Francis
Flowers and floating flowers: Ann Taylor
Children's Class A: Riley Phillips
Children's Class B: Nikita Gregory
Fruit: David Stazicker
Preserves and Cooking: Ernie Barlow
Art and Craft: Kathleen Smith
Children under five: Robert Allan
Children Group 2: Bailey Paine
Eyecatcher Cup (most points for a newcomer): Ann Taylor
Prize Draw winners: David Stazicker, Ernie Barlow, Conner Meads, Fred Skinner, Joyce Harknett, Brenda Rignal, Derek Martin, Phylis Sculthorpe, Lorna Delanoy, Dorothy Flack, Pauline Philips and Albie Slough.