Littleport schoolgirl to represent Great Britain at European roller-skating competition in Spain
- Credit: Archant
A schoolgirl from Littleport is set to represent Great Britain at an international roller-skating competition held in Spain at the end of this month.
Amie Bowen, aged 11, will jet off to the Spanish town of Fuengirolo, Malaga, at the end of October where she will compete in the European Cup.
This isn’t Amie’s first taste of competition as she has already claimed ‘British Champion’ in the Tots Solo Dance Competition in 2016.
She also scooped bronze in ‘Mini Figures’, gold in ‘Mini Free Skating’, gold in the combined result and as a result achieved British Champion again this year.
Amie, who is a pupil at Littleport and East Cambs Academy, was first introduced to roller-skating at one of her friend’s birthday party’s.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Bowen, Amie’s grandmother, said: “She was a quick learner and was soon asked if she would be interested in taking it a step further to join the Ely Artistic Roller Skating Club and enter competitions.”
The club, ran by Brian Paddington, has been coaching skaters for around 19 years and meets three times a week at the Littleport Leisure Centre and once a week at Ely Paradise.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 9 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
Amie will be holding a fund-raising event at the Littleport Leisure Centre on Saturday, October 13 to help with the cost of her trip to Spain.