Littleport schoolgirl to represent Great Britain at European roller-skating competition in Spain
- Credit: Archant
A schoolgirl from Littleport is set to represent Great Britain at an international roller-skating competition held in Spain at the end of this month.
Amie Bowen, aged 11, will jet off to the Spanish town of Fuengirolo, Malaga, at the end of October where she will compete in the European Cup.
This isn’t Amie’s first taste of competition as she has already claimed ‘British Champion’ in the Tots Solo Dance Competition in 2016.
She also scooped bronze in ‘Mini Figures’, gold in ‘Mini Free Skating’, gold in the combined result and as a result achieved British Champion again this year.
Amie, who is a pupil at Littleport and East Cambs Academy, was first introduced to roller-skating at one of her friend’s birthday party’s.
Margaret Bowen, Amie’s grandmother, said: “She was a quick learner and was soon asked if she would be interested in taking it a step further to join the Ely Artistic Roller Skating Club and enter competitions.”
The club, ran by Brian Paddington, has been coaching skaters for around 19 years and meets three times a week at the Littleport Leisure Centre and once a week at Ely Paradise.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Amie will be holding a fund-raising event at the Littleport Leisure Centre on Saturday, October 13 to help with the cost of her trip to Spain.