Six people arrested in connection with Chittering murder are rebailed
SIX people arrested in connection with the murder of Chittering pensioner Llewelyn Thomas have had their bail extended by police.
The two men, aged 20 and 24, who were arrested on suspicion of murder have been rebailed by officers until August 28.
A 16-year-old boy, a 22-year-old man and a 26-year-old man will also remain on bail until the end of August on suspicion of murder.
A 26-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice had her bail extended until the end of next month, also.
Police believe that Mr Thomas killed during a botched burglary at his home in Ely Road, on December 17. He was discovered by neighbours the following morning.
You may also want to watch:
His silver Rover 75 estate, registration BJ51 CJV, was taken from his home along with several other items, including watches and antiques, and later found dumped in nearby Milton.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire