Six people arrested in connection with Chittering murder are rebailed
SIX people arrested in connection with the murder of Chittering pensioner Llewelyn Thomas have had their bail extended by police.
The two men, aged 20 and 24, who were arrested on suspicion of murder have been rebailed by officers until August 28.
A 16-year-old boy, a 22-year-old man and a 26-year-old man will also remain on bail until the end of August on suspicion of murder.
A 26-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice had her bail extended until the end of next month, also.
Police believe that Mr Thomas killed during a botched burglary at his home in Ely Road, on December 17. He was discovered by neighbours the following morning.
You may also want to watch:
His silver Rover 75 estate, registration BJ51 CJV, was taken from his home along with several other items, including watches and antiques, and later found dumped in nearby Milton.
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos