Sir Jim hails fall in unemployment in South East Cambs
- Credit: Archant
MP Sir Jim Paice has welcomed news that unemployment has again fallen in his South East Cambridgeshire constituency.
According to the Office for National Statistics, the number of unemployed claimants in SE Cambs stands at 516, some 489 lower than in September last year.
The figures represents about 0.8 per cent of the economically active population, aged between 16 and 64.
The constituency has one of the lowest rates of unemployment in the UK.
Sir Jim said: “South East Cambridgeshire consistently has one of the lowest levels of unemployment in the country. Whilst the latest set of figures are again very encouraging, this good news must not disguise the need to continue to build our economic recovery to help those who are still out of work.
You may also want to watch:
“Increasing the number of apprenticeships and continuing to support our small and medium sized businesses is vital to ensure that young people have a real start to their working lives”.
Lucy Frazer, prospective parliamentary candidate for SE Cambs, said, “It is great to see the employment figures going up.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment