Sir Jim hails fall in unemployment in South East Cambs
- Credit: Archant
MP Sir Jim Paice has welcomed news that unemployment has again fallen in his South East Cambridgeshire constituency.
According to the Office for National Statistics, the number of unemployed claimants in SE Cambs stands at 516, some 489 lower than in September last year.
The figures represents about 0.8 per cent of the economically active population, aged between 16 and 64.
The constituency has one of the lowest rates of unemployment in the UK.
Sir Jim said: “South East Cambridgeshire consistently has one of the lowest levels of unemployment in the country. Whilst the latest set of figures are again very encouraging, this good news must not disguise the need to continue to build our economic recovery to help those who are still out of work.
You may also want to watch:
“Increasing the number of apprenticeships and continuing to support our small and medium sized businesses is vital to ensure that young people have a real start to their working lives”.
Lucy Frazer, prospective parliamentary candidate for SE Cambs, said, “It is great to see the employment figures going up.”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall