Sir Jim calls on SE Cambs schools to give pupils a head start in money lessons
- Credit: Archant
MP Sir Jim Paice is encouraging schools in South East Cambs to get ahead of the pack and put on money lessons this June, to give pupils a head-start in financial education before it becomes a compulsory part of the curriculum in September.
Every primary and secondary school in South East Cambridgeshire is being given the chance to take part in My Money Week, which aims to help young people learn more about money and personal finance, free.
This year, My Money Week, running from June 9-15, will be themed around current affairs, challenging young people to improve their financial skills, knowledge and confidence through topical lessons and activities on personal finance.
Sir Jim said: “I would encourage all our local schools to get involved with this fantastic initiative. It can only be positive for more children to learn about the value of money and the importance of effective budgeting.
“It is a lesson that, unfortunately, many people have to learn the hard way as they get older. I am sure the vast majority of parents will appreciate their children having money lessons.”
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Bleakley, chief executive of the Personal Finance Education Group, which is running the My Money Week lessons, said: “Jim Paice is absolutely right to call for all local schools to take part in My Money Week, which is a terrific opportunity to help pupils learn more about money in a fun and engaging way.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment