Sir Ian McKellen Will Give Talk In Soham
“We are thrilled, delighted and amazed that Sir Ian McKellen has kindly agreed to come to The Brook,” - director Dan Schumann
SIR Ian McKellen will be making a special and one-off appearance at The Brook in Soham in the new year.
In what is a coup for Soham’s newest venue, the actor will be making a rare appearance for one night only on January 9.
Director of The Brook, Dan Schumann, said: “We are thrilled, delighted and amazed that Sir Ian McKellen has kindly agreed to come to The Brook and would like to thank Michael Burrell for making this happen. We are pleased also to be able to support local charities through this unique and very special appearance. Sir Ian and Michael Burrell will not only talk about Sir Ian’s life and career but will also perform so this will be a truly special evening which is likely to be repeated anywhere.”
Sir Ian McKellen has received a Tony Award, Oliver Award and two Academy nominations. His work has spanned several genres from Shakespeare and modern theatre to popular fantasy and science fiction. He is perhaps best well known for his roles as Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy and Magneto in the X-Men films.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: tickets are �15/�12 and are limited as this is a special, one-off performance in an intimate venue. To reserve tickets, telephone: 01353 721748 or 01353 669759.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 5 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 6 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank