Sir Ian McKellen Will Give Talk In Soham
“We are thrilled, delighted and amazed that Sir Ian McKellen has kindly agreed to come to The Brook,” - director Dan Schumann
SIR Ian McKellen will be making a special and one-off appearance at The Brook in Soham in the new year.
In what is a coup for Soham’s newest venue, the actor will be making a rare appearance for one night only on January 9.
Director of The Brook, Dan Schumann, said: “We are thrilled, delighted and amazed that Sir Ian McKellen has kindly agreed to come to The Brook and would like to thank Michael Burrell for making this happen. We are pleased also to be able to support local charities through this unique and very special appearance. Sir Ian and Michael Burrell will not only talk about Sir Ian’s life and career but will also perform so this will be a truly special evening which is likely to be repeated anywhere.”
Sir Ian McKellen has received a Tony Award, Oliver Award and two Academy nominations. His work has spanned several genres from Shakespeare and modern theatre to popular fantasy and science fiction. He is perhaps best well known for his roles as Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy and Magneto in the X-Men films.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: tickets are �15/�12 and are limited as this is a special, one-off performance in an intimate venue. To reserve tickets, telephone: 01353 721748 or 01353 669759.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Town considers home for market
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate