Siobhan makes the cut for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Soham woman is having her flowing locks cut to make a wig for young people who have lost theirs through cancer treatment.
Siobhan Pryke is fund raising as well as having her locks cut after watching family and friends affected by cancer.
She said: “My target is £500 but it would be amazing if I could get over this.
“I chose The Little Princess Trust as a friend had her hair cut and donated to the same charity last year and sang their praises.
“They are also one of the rare charities taking hair donations that guarantee if the donated hair is suitable it will be used for children’s wigs as some sell them on for profit.
“I also chose Macmillan cancer support to fundraiser for as I have friends and family affected by cancer and Macmillan support the patient and family regardless of what type of cancer.
“Promotion and fund raising for some types of cancer is higher than others despite other cancers being more prevalent.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
“I have always had long hair and have been growing it all my life. I wanted to change my hair and thought why not take the opportunity to do something worthwhile in the process.
“If I lost my hair I would be devastated and would love the opportunity to have a decent wig so this is my opportunity to give children with cancer that chance. My hair will grow.”
Her hair is being cut on March 27 at her hairdresser Claire Danks’ home when she has 19 inches cut off.
People can donate via http://www.justgiving.com/siobhan-pryke or texting SPRY74 £3 to 70070 to donate £3 or however much they wish to donate.