Single Mum Who Has Never Passed A Driving Test Was Twice Over The Drink Drive Limit
A SINGLE mum who has never passed a driving test collected her second conviction for drink-driving this week. Sherry Price, 28, was caught driving erratically by police in the early hours, in Ely city centre. She had three male passengers in the car and w
A SINGLE mum who has never passed a driving test collected her second conviction for drink-driving this week.
Sherry Price, 28, was caught driving erratically by police in the early hours, in Ely city centre. She had three male passengers in the car and was spotted driving at speed; and weaving from side to side, prosecutor Mika Pine told city magistrates.
When the car was stopped, Price's speech was slurred, her eyes were dilated, and she gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit.
Price, of Morton Close, Ely, admitted drink-driving in New Barns Road, Ely, on March 7, and driving without a licence or insurance.
You may also want to watch:
She was banned from driving for three years and ordered to carry out 60 hours of unpaid work.
"I am really sorry, it was a stupid thing to do," she told the court. Price was ordered to pay �35 costs.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go