Single Mum Who Has Never Passed A Driving Test Was Twice Over The Drink Drive Limit
A SINGLE mum who has never passed a driving test collected her second conviction for drink-driving this week. Sherry Price, 28, was caught driving erratically by police in the early hours, in Ely city centre. She had three male passengers in the car and w
A SINGLE mum who has never passed a driving test collected her second conviction for drink-driving this week.
Sherry Price, 28, was caught driving erratically by police in the early hours, in Ely city centre. She had three male passengers in the car and was spotted driving at speed; and weaving from side to side, prosecutor Mika Pine told city magistrates.
When the car was stopped, Price's speech was slurred, her eyes were dilated, and she gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit.
Price, of Morton Close, Ely, admitted drink-driving in New Barns Road, Ely, on March 7, and driving without a licence or insurance.
You may also want to watch:
She was banned from driving for three years and ordered to carry out 60 hours of unpaid work.
"I am really sorry, it was a stupid thing to do," she told the court. Price was ordered to pay �35 costs.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby