Single Mum Who Has Never Passed A Driving Test Was Twice Over The Drink Drive Limit
A SINGLE mum who has never passed a driving test collected her second conviction for drink-driving this week. Sherry Price, 28, was caught driving erratically by police in the early hours, in Ely city centre. She had three male passengers in the car and w
A SINGLE mum who has never passed a driving test collected her second conviction for drink-driving this week.
Sherry Price, 28, was caught driving erratically by police in the early hours, in Ely city centre. She had three male passengers in the car and was spotted driving at speed; and weaving from side to side, prosecutor Mika Pine told city magistrates.
When the car was stopped, Price's speech was slurred, her eyes were dilated, and she gave a breath test reading more than double the legal alcohol limit.
Price, of Morton Close, Ely, admitted drink-driving in New Barns Road, Ely, on March 7, and driving without a licence or insurance.
You may also want to watch:
She was banned from driving for three years and ordered to carry out 60 hours of unpaid work.
"I am really sorry, it was a stupid thing to do," she told the court. Price was ordered to pay �35 costs.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown