Sing your heart out at a fund raising bandaoke night coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A 13 year old Ely College student has organised a bandaoke night to help fund a trip to Kenya with fellow pupils.
Sam Evans is among a group of 23 making the journey in October with African Adventures, a volunteer travel organisation that specialises in educational trips and improving lives.
The Kenya trip is part of a volunteering programme partnered with community educational projects in developing areas of Ghana, Kenya and Zanzibar which provides humanitarian and financial support to assist their development.
Students have to fund their trip and Sam has arranged for various musicians to come together for the bandaoke night at Ely Rugby Club on Saturday January 28 from 7.30pm until midnight.
The live band karaoke event will have a licensed bar and raffle.
Tickets are £10 available from Ev.firstname.lastname@example.org.
A college spokesman said: “It’s the chance for a trip of a life time, however, now comes the hard part.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
“All those travelling are being encouraged to raise the funds to pay for the trip themselves and so you will start to see all sorts of events taking place.
“It would be really appreciated if you could support as many of them as possible.”
Sam has already organised a successful curry night at Le Spice.