Sing your heart out at a fund raising bandaoke night coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A 13 year old Ely College student has organised a bandaoke night to help fund a trip to Kenya with fellow pupils.
Sam Evans is among a group of 23 making the journey in October with African Adventures, a volunteer travel organisation that specialises in educational trips and improving lives.
The Kenya trip is part of a volunteering programme partnered with community educational projects in developing areas of Ghana, Kenya and Zanzibar which provides humanitarian and financial support to assist their development.
Students have to fund their trip and Sam has arranged for various musicians to come together for the bandaoke night at Ely Rugby Club on Saturday January 28 from 7.30pm until midnight.
The live band karaoke event will have a licensed bar and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 available from Ev.email@example.com.
A college spokesman said: “It’s the chance for a trip of a life time, however, now comes the hard part.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
“All those travelling are being encouraged to raise the funds to pay for the trip themselves and so you will start to see all sorts of events taking place.
“It would be really appreciated if you could support as many of them as possible.”
Sam has already organised a successful curry night at Le Spice.