Tuning into the power of song for people with dementia and their carers with a new musical group in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A new singing group is being launched in Ely for people living with dementia, memory loss and their carers.
Charitable organisation, All In Sound, is busy preparing for its Sing! Together project and is looking for people to participate.
June Massey, chair of All In Sound, said: “Sing Together is a project which will give people living with dementia and memory loss and their carers the opportunity to enjoy the many health and social benefits of making music together.”
The group will meet at the Ely Methodist Church, on Monday mornings starting late in April, after the Easter break.
The aim is to make music and sing in a relaxed, fun and friendly environment, with plenty of social time too for tea and cake.
You may also want to watch:
June added: “No experience needed at all - we do hope that you can come and join us.”
• For information and to book places contact Kathryn Rowland, on 01353 662022.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station