Denmark’s Sing n Swing choir visit Ely Cathedral to sing with Kathryn Rowland’s Sing choir
- Credit: Archant
The Sing n Swing choir from Denmark joined Kathryn Rowland’s Ely-based Sing choir for a concert and workshop on Saturday.
Mike Rouse, who attended the event, said: “What a pleasure listening to Sing n Swing from Skaerbaek in Southern Jutland in the cathedral on Saturday morning.
“The choir is here thanks to Kathryn Rowland and Sing Choirs and Ely’s twinning with Ribe in Denmark
“It’s really encouraging to see how Ely’s long-standing twinning with Ribe is developing new friendships.”
Sing’n Swing is a mixed choir based in Skaerbæk, a small town in southern Jutland and has been around for 20 years.
You may also want to watch:
“We sing a wide and versatile repertoire ranging from gospel and jazz over pop, rock to ballads, evergreens and African song,” say the group.
“Besides the joy of meeting for evenings and being together to sing it is important for us to come out and perform for an audience and get feed back on what we do.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
“We have performed in many different contexts, including in churches and at festivals. It has given us many nice concert experiences.”