Sing! Choirs raise £11,000 for Arthur Rank Hospice Charity in two years
- Credit: Archant
Sing! Choirs have raised £11,298 for Arthur Rank Hospice Charity over the last two years.
Managing Director Kathryn Rowland said: “Our most recent cheque presentation from our concert at Tattersalls is for £4,105 which means our overall total is amazing.
“It also takes our amount raised for charities in general so far to over £15,000 in the last three years.
“What was even more touching was a choir member who matched pound for pound the amount we raised – they wanted to say thank you for all the amazing singing and opportunities that the choir brings them.
“I am totally overwhelmed by this, and so grateful that we can give more to such an amazing charity as ARHC.”
You may also want to watch:
Since November 2012, Sing! Choirs has supported ARHC at a number of events: singing at the Ely 5K Run, collections from concerts at Tattersalls, Newmarket and Ely Cathedral.
The group will also sing at the Ely Festive 5K run this year.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Donna Talbot, director of fundraising and communications for ARHC, said: “We have really enjoyed working with Sing! Choirs.
“The members are fantastic not only at singing but also at fundraising – they are incredibly talented and we are so grateful to them.”
For more information about Sing! Choirs contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email email@example.com