Sing! Choirs raise £11,000 for Arthur Rank Hospice Charity in two years
- Credit: Archant
Sing! Choirs have raised £11,298 for Arthur Rank Hospice Charity over the last two years.
Managing Director Kathryn Rowland said: “Our most recent cheque presentation from our concert at Tattersalls is for £4,105 which means our overall total is amazing.
“It also takes our amount raised for charities in general so far to over £15,000 in the last three years.
“What was even more touching was a choir member who matched pound for pound the amount we raised – they wanted to say thank you for all the amazing singing and opportunities that the choir brings them.
“I am totally overwhelmed by this, and so grateful that we can give more to such an amazing charity as ARHC.”
Since November 2012, Sing! Choirs has supported ARHC at a number of events: singing at the Ely 5K Run, collections from concerts at Tattersalls, Newmarket and Ely Cathedral.
The group will also sing at the Ely Festive 5K run this year.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 7 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 8 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
Donna Talbot, director of fundraising and communications for ARHC, said: “We have really enjoyed working with Sing! Choirs.
“The members are fantastic not only at singing but also at fundraising – they are incredibly talented and we are so grateful to them.”
For more information about Sing! Choirs contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org