Sing! Choirs put on a show to raise money for charity - with help from award-winning singer Lorna Want
- Credit: Archant
Members of Ely’s Sing! Choirs had a busy weekend as they performed concerts in the city.
On Saturday there was a performance from Ely's dementia choir, Sing! Together while on Sunday Sing! Choirs sang songs from the shows and were joined by Olivier award-winning singer Lorna Want.
The events were set up and directed by Kathryn Rowland, who said: "Both events went amazingly well.
"It was great to have our very own dementia choir singing all their favourite songs and a Christmas sing-along to a sold-out audience.
"Then Needham's Hall was full of people listening to an amazing massed choir who had all got together that day to rehearse, singing songs from the shows.
You may also want to watch:
"They were singing to raise money for local charity All In Sound, who run our dementia choir.
"To have the Mayor of Ely Councillor Mike Rouse attend the events, and so many local people all come together, is such a delight. Thank you to everyone who came along and supported us."
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
For more information about the All In Sound charity or the dementia choir group contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01353 662022.
To join a local choir, visit the Sing! Choirs website at www.singchoirs.com