Sing! Choirs hit the right notes with massive donation to Ely Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Braving the cold January weather, Sing! Choirs managing director Kathryn Rowland arranged for all her choirs to come together and support Ely Food Bank.
A local resident, Kathryn visited the food bank just before Christmas to drop off some items and was so moved, she felt that she wanted to do more.
She rallied all the singers to bring in goods from all of her choirs across Cambridgeshire and into Suffolk.
She said: “I have been completely overwhelmed and delighted with the response from my choir members, and more so that they are from all over not just in Ely.
“I did think that January might be a quieter month for donations, so a good time to do this, and was delighted when Cathy said this was the case, so hope we can make a difference with what we have achieved.
You may also want to watch:
“A choir makes a real community, and I think this illustrates what a positive community it is.”
Cathy Wright, project director at Ely Foodbank, said: “Thank you very much to the choirs of Ely, Newmarket and Cambridge for your support to our work. “Foodbanks are becoming busier and the winter is particularly hard for those in a crisis who may have to decide whether its food on the table or heat in the home.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
“We do see a decrease in donations at this time of year so to have their support now, greatly helps us to continue our work of supporting others.
“Please contact us to find out more about how to donate, and if you would like to volunteer with us.”
For more information about Ely Foodbank call 01353 468626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Sing! Choirs, and if you would like to join, contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email email@example.com
Kathryn Rowland started Sing! Choirs in 2011 and works regularly in Shooting Star CHASE Children’s Hospice working with life-limited children.
Everyone is welcome. There are no auditions, and the groups sing a selection of pop, rock and songs from the shows. Visit www.singchoirs.com for more info.
Kathryn is currently launching a new charitable organisation called All In Sound that will focus on providing music for those who may not otherwise be able to access it.