Sing! Choirs donates over £3,000 to a new local charitable organisation ‘All in Sound’ to help those living with dementia
- Credit: Archant
Sing! Choirs has donated over £3,000 to a new local charitable organisation ‘All in Sound’ in support of their work with people living with dementia
Kathryn Rowland, MD for Sing! Choirs said: “Our most recent cheque presentation from our recent concert at West Road Concert Hall in Cambridge is for £3,107.85.
“We are delighted to be able to support all in Sound’s new project “Sing! Together” and look forward to hearing more about it in the coming months. This also takes our overall charity fundraising amount to over £20,000 which is great news to start 2018.”
June Massey, chairman of All In Sound, that will focus on providing high quality music-making opportunities for those who may otherwise not have access, said “On behalf of the trustees of All In Sound I would like to thank the members of Sing Choirs, their families, friends and supporters for raising the incredible sum of £3107.7.
“The money will support Sing Together, a project which will give people living with dementia and memory loss and their carers the opportunity to enjoy the many health and social benefits of making music together.”
You may also want to watch:
For any more information about All in Sound, and/or their new project Sing! Together please contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email, in the first instance, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any more information about Sing! Choirs, and if you would like to join then please contact Kathryn Rowland on 01353 662022 or email email@example.com – everyone is welcome.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
She said: “There are no auditions; and we sing a brilliant selection of pop, rock and songs from the shows. You can also see our website on www.singchoirs.com.”
Kathryn Rowland initiated Sing! Choirs in 2011, and also has Music to Grow to an early years’ programme she initiated in 2005.