Simon is the new project controls engineer at a Witchford company
- Credit: Archant
An engineer who worked on a project transporting natural gas from the fields of Azerbaijan into Europe has been taken on by a Witchford company.
Simon Carter is the new project controls engineer at Innomech and has been taken on to strengthen in-house resources for the design and development of automation control software.
Previously, Simon was lead engineer at ABB responsible for control and safety systems for large on-shore oil and gas facilities.
In his spare time he is restoring a 57 foot narrowboat that was originally part of the Dartline cruising fleet before having its engine removed and being used as a houseboat for the last six years.
He is working to return his narrowboat to its former glory in readiness for next summer’s river cruising season.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Mead, managing director of Innomech, said: “Simon’s track record and skills in developing sophisticated control software for complex multi-disciplinary automation projects are a significant addition to our software development team.
“He has an enthusiastic and practical approach which is invaluable when we are advising clients on the development of new automation solutions or re-configuring their existing systems to improve efficiency, reliability or their ability to handle new product variants.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Innomech works with major international manufacturers in sectors like pharmaceuticals, medical devices and environmental.
The company was founded in 1990 and is based at The Innovation Centre in Witchford.