Simon is the new project controls engineer at a Witchford company
- Credit: Archant
An engineer who worked on a project transporting natural gas from the fields of Azerbaijan into Europe has been taken on by a Witchford company.
Simon Carter is the new project controls engineer at Innomech and has been taken on to strengthen in-house resources for the design and development of automation control software.
Previously, Simon was lead engineer at ABB responsible for control and safety systems for large on-shore oil and gas facilities.
In his spare time he is restoring a 57 foot narrowboat that was originally part of the Dartline cruising fleet before having its engine removed and being used as a houseboat for the last six years.
He is working to return his narrowboat to its former glory in readiness for next summer’s river cruising season.
Tim Mead, managing director of Innomech, said: “Simon’s track record and skills in developing sophisticated control software for complex multi-disciplinary automation projects are a significant addition to our software development team.
“He has an enthusiastic and practical approach which is invaluable when we are advising clients on the development of new automation solutions or re-configuring their existing systems to improve efficiency, reliability or their ability to handle new product variants.”
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
Innomech works with major international manufacturers in sectors like pharmaceuticals, medical devices and environmental.
The company was founded in 1990 and is based at The Innovation Centre in Witchford.