Significant demand’ fr prpsed htel facilities
AMBITIOUS plans fr a htel and pub/restaurant in Angel Drve lk set t be given the g-ahead. The prject includes ffices, industrial units and warehusing n a 40-acre site near Cambridgeshire Business Park. Althugh East Cambridgeshire District Cun
AMBITIOUS plans fr a htel and pub/restaurant in Angel Drve lk set t be given the g-ahead.
The prject includes ffices, industrial units and warehusing n a 40-acre site near Cambridgeshire Business Park.
Althugh East Cambridgeshire District Cuncil fficers are nt happy with the layut f the prject, they have recmmended it be given apprval under delegated pwers if a new layut can be agreed.
Members f the cuncil's planning cmmittee were due t be tld at their meeting yesterday (Wednesday) that lcal emplyers had expressed the need fr better quality htel accmmdatin in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"The htel and pub/restaurant wuld meet a recgnised need fr accmmdatin with restaurant facilities, which the turist assessment recgnises is lacking in Ely," said the reprt.
"The existing businesses at Cambridgeshire Business Park cmbined with the additinal users f the prpsed develpment, wuld prvide a significant demand fr a htel and its assciated facilities."
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
If the prject is given the g-ahead, the site will be reached via a new rundabut frm Angel Drve and 1,245 car parking spaces will be prvided.
A Sectin 106 agreement will be drawn up with develper, Healy Investments, t prvide mney fr the Ely Market Twn Transprt Strategy, the imprvement f the A142/A10 rundabut and the extensin f the X9 bus service, which accesses the site, t Cambridge.
"The prpsal has raised sme difficult issues," the reprt added, "but n balance wuld address the current shrtage f business accmmdatin, increasing supply t meet the requirements f bth existing cmpanies lking t expand and new investrs.