Should mayor Aigars Balsevics resign, or be asked by Wisbech Town Council to resign?
- Credit: Terry Harris
Wisbech is represented by a mayor, Cllr Aigars Balsevics, who, in his business life, has been criticised by a licensing subcommittee.
HAVE YOUR SAY:
Fenland Council licensing committee found Cllr Balsevics breached Covid-19 regulations at the Angel on Christmas Eve.
“Covid regulations were largely ignored as was the Health and Safety at Work Act,” the committee concluded.
“There was little or no safeguarding for employees and customers. The motive behind this blatant disregard can only be for profit.
You may also want to watch:
“We find such behaviour during the pandemic staggering to say the least.”
- 1 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 2 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 3 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Pool memories and 60s celebrities - a nostalgic step back in time
- 7 Letter: Who's been pinching my dog biscuits?
- 8 Young writer's 'wonderful' poem wins competition
- 9 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault