Shoppers help raise hundreds for Lisa’s Fund
- Credit: Archant
A month-long fund-raising event at Waitrose in Ely helped raise more than £450 for the Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund.
Charity founder, Robert Barnes collected a cheque for £458 from Sue Peploe, community matters champion at the Ely supermarket.
Robert, who launched thefund more than four years ago, after losing his wife Lisa, said he was delighted with the huge amount raised.
He said: “The people of Ely and the surrounding area have supported Lisa’s Fund from the outset and have never stopped supporting us and I would like to say a big thank you to each and every one of them.”
All the money will go to the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, where Lisa died in 2010. Since Mr Barnes launched the charity, he has raised more than £113,000.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the charity, and to see which events are coming soon, visit www.lisabarnesmemorialfund.co.uk or long on to Lisa’s Fund via Facebook.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats