Shoplifter stole beer cans and refused to give one back
A SHOPLIFTER with an alcohol problem stole three cans of lager from the One Stop store in Ely – but only wanted to hand two of them back when challenged by the manager outside. But all three cans were taken away from Ian Fenn, and he was told he was banne
A SHOPLIFTER with an alcohol problem stole three cans of lager from the One Stop store in Ely - but only wanted to hand two of them back when challenged by the manager outside.
But all three cans were taken away from Ian Fenn, and he was told he was banned from the St John's Road store, Ely magistrates were told
Fenn, 25, of Fen Fields, Barway, admitted the theft when he attended Ely courthouse on Thursday.
The cans were stuffed under Fenn's jacket before he left the shop on September 27, said prosecutor Matthew Bradbury. When told he was banned from the shop, he shrugged and walked away.
You may also want to watch:
Mitigating, Jacqui Baldwin said Fenn was already subject to a community order that was going well. He had referred himself to Drinksense, and was receiving help from the community drug intervention programme.
The court ordered Fenn to pay £50 costs, and gave him a new 10-month community order, with nine months' supervision.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home