Shiver me timbers
Few people will know Tuesday was national Talk Like a Pirate Day. But students at Soham Village College made the most of the unusual diary date to raise money for their school prom. Year 11 students wrote to principal Dr Carin Taylor, requesting that the
Few people will know Tuesday was national Talk Like a Pirate Day.
But students at Soham Village College made the most of the unusual diary date to raise money for their school prom.
Year 11 students wrote to principal Dr Carin Taylor, requesting that the school dress code be re-written for the day around a pirate theme to raise money for next summer's prom.
"They are aiming for the best prom that the college has ever had," said Dr Taylor. "The whole thing was managed by the students and I was happy for them to do it because they have made such a good start to Year 11."
You may also want to watch:
She said she struck a deal with the aspiring buccaneers that they would double their efforts in the classroom in return for the opportunity to revise the dress code, which strictly forbade live parrots and swords during lessons.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound