Shimmy on down to belly dance troupe’s fund-raising charity event
- Credit: Archant
A belly dance troupe from Ely has organised a charity dance event in aid of Cancer Research UK and Sane.
Shani, a three-piece troupe, from Ely, will be joined by a host of dance troupes from around Cambridgeshire on October 4 at the Corn Exchange, in St Ives for ‘Shimmyfest’.
During the event, the troupes will hold workshops in the art of belly dancing, flamenco and Indian dance before hosting an evening of performances to music.
Caroline Lerrigo, from Shani, said: “The event will be amazing. We have some brilliant teachers coming to do workshops and they, along with some other super dancers will be performing in the evening.
“It’s a chance to see different styles of belly dance, plus other exciting dance genres up close on a scale not seen before in the area.”
Workshops will be held from 5pm and are aimed at beginners with no dance experience and those who have danced before alike.
The evening performances start at 7.30pm and are open to anyone. Workshops are £10 and performance tickets are £7, or attendees can take advantage of the combined ticket for of £15.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
Information on workshops and how to book tickets can be found at www.shanidance.co.uk