Shimmy on down to belly dance troupe’s fund-raising charity event
- Credit: Archant
A belly dance troupe from Ely has organised a charity dance event in aid of Cancer Research UK and Sane.
Shani, a three-piece troupe, from Ely, will be joined by a host of dance troupes from around Cambridgeshire on October 4 at the Corn Exchange, in St Ives for ‘Shimmyfest’.
During the event, the troupes will hold workshops in the art of belly dancing, flamenco and Indian dance before hosting an evening of performances to music.
Caroline Lerrigo, from Shani, said: “The event will be amazing. We have some brilliant teachers coming to do workshops and they, along with some other super dancers will be performing in the evening.
“It’s a chance to see different styles of belly dance, plus other exciting dance genres up close on a scale not seen before in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Workshops will be held from 5pm and are aimed at beginners with no dance experience and those who have danced before alike.
The evening performances start at 7.30pm and are open to anyone. Workshops are £10 and performance tickets are £7, or attendees can take advantage of the combined ticket for of £15.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Information on workshops and how to book tickets can be found at www.shanidance.co.uk