Sheep has ‘baaad’ morning after getting stuck in brambles
- Credit: Cambs fire and rescue
It was a ‘baaad’ morning for one sheep on Monday (December 20) after it got stuck in some brambles in the Ely area.
Firefighters from Ely were called at 11:35am to reports of a sheep trapped near Ely Road, Queen Adelaide.
They found the sheep stuck in brambles on the riverbank. Using small tools, they cut it free from the branches before releasing it back into the field.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire fire and rescue said: “On Monday, we responded to reports of a sheep trapped in Ely.
“We herd it was in a spot of trouble so we came to the rescue.
“We’ll always be there for ewe.”
Firefighters were back at their station shortly after 12pm.
- 1 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 2 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 3 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 4 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 7 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 8 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
Responding to the incident on social media, one person said: “Just wondering whether everyone flocked to congratulate you?” while another said: “Ewe did a good job.”
Some even asked if there was “a video on EweTube.”