Children sing a song on You Tube to encourage the right person to apply for a head teacher vacancy in Soham
- Credit: Archant
Children and staff at a Soham primary school have published a song on You Tube to help attract a new head teacher to what they say is an “adorable school.”
A vacancy for a new leader is on offer at the Shade Primary which was advertised at the beginning of the month.
Youngsters and teachers have written a song to help find the best candidate and at the top of their wish list is a head teacher with a cheery disposition and rosy cheeks.
They also want somebody who likes to play games, is kind and mixes firm with fair - and the children promise they will all behave for the new member of staff at the Staploe Education Trust school.
The closing date for the post at the 420-place setting is March 19 and it is hoped the new person in the role will be announced at the end of the month.
The former head teacher, Lisa Radcliffe, is now head at Weatherall and the Shade is currently being led by deputy head Katie Mckay.
The job is described as: “A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced school leader to lead a thriving school and, for the right candidate, to lead the development of curriculum across the three primary schools.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 5 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 6 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 7 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 8 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
“The Shade opened in September 2013 with a clear vision for excellence. The values of building learning power are securely embedded and have shaped a school in which children love to learn and teachers are passionate about teaching.
“Our staff and community are proud of their involvement with the school. We are looking for a headteacher who will lead the school in its next phase of expansion, while enriching and strengthening the ethos which underpins our vision.”
The Shade works closely with other local schools,” the job advert says, and “Senior leaders have trust-wide roles to develop and share expertise.
“Our Trust senior leaders provide strong support for one another and valuable capacity for sustained school improvement.
“Our schools have developed high confidence in maths mastery approaches and, with our secondary school colleagues, are currently working to improve curriculum and assessment in science and modern foreign languages.
“This headship represents a wonderful opportunity for a creative senior leader who would love to develop curriculum at The Shade as it opens its first classes in upper key stage two.
“We seek a leader with ambition and the skills to harness the interests and expertise of our colleagues, to deliver learning experiences which will inspire and transform the lives of all our children.