Woman left ‘scared and uncomfortable’ after ‘inappropriate sexual comments’ made by two men on train from Ely to Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A woman was left feeling ‘scared and uncomfortable’ after two men allegedly made inappropriate sexual comments to her whilst on a train from Ely to Peterborough.
Police said that on July 26 at around 11.12pm two men joined a train at Ely and began making inappropriate sexual comments to a woman.
“The comments and aggressive behaviour by the two men made the woman feel scared and uncomfortable,” said a police spokesman.
“The first man was white, approximately 6ft and of a slim build. He was believed to be in his early 30s, he had short dark hair, slight facial hair and he was wearing a Nike tracksuit and chain necklace.
“The second man was white, approximately 5ft 10ins and of an average build. He was in his early thirties, had short spiky hair and was wearing a black vest top, camouflage shorts and white trainers. He has a chain necklace around his neck and tribal tattoos across his left shoulder and right arm.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers are looking for witnesses to this incident to get in touch. Likewise, if you know someone matching the above description, please get in touch.”
Contact British Transport Police by sending a text to 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 731 of 26/07/2018. Or ring Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely