Seven arrests made after police raid multiple homes
POLICE officers arrested seven people after raids on four homes in the Ely area. The officers raided two houses in Wisbech Road, Littleport, one in The Chase, Ely and another in New Barns Avenue, Ely. At two of the addresses they executed drugs warrants w
POLICE officers arrested seven people after raids on four homes in the Ely area.
The officers raided two houses in Wisbech Road, Littleport, one in The Chase, Ely and another in New Barns Avenue, Ely.
At two of the addresses they executed drugs warrants with the help of a specially-trained drugs dog and discovered a variety of drugs paraphernalia.
Two women from Ely, one aged 44 and the other aged 29, were arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled drug after the New Barns Avenue raid on Thursday. They were both bailed to return to Ely Police Station next month.
A 29-year-old man was also arrested on behalf of Norfolk Police on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
A drugs warrant was executed on the same day at a home in Wisbech Road, Littleport where a large quantity of drugs paraphernalia was discovered but no drugs were found and no arrests made.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
A raid three days earlier on another home in the road led to a man and woman being arrested.
The 22-year-old woman from Littleport was arrested on suspicion of possessing a class A drug and a 35-year-old man from Lakenheath was arrested on suspicion of money laundering. Both were bailed.
On the same day a 21-year-old man from Ely was arrested on suspicion of burglary following a raid at The Chase, Ely. He was also granted bail.
Ely Police Inspector, Adam Gallop, said: "These warrants show the continued commitment of the East Cambs neighbourhood policing team to clamp down on the illegal supply and use of class A drugs.
"We specifically want to target the areas where drug use has resulted in crime and anti-social behaviour. Anyone with information on people who are using and supplying drugs should contact police."
INFO: Ely police can be contacted on 0845 4564564 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
n Following the raids Daniel Gillett, 20, of Friars Place, Littleport was charged with theft and breach of bail.