Seven arrests made after police raid multiple homes
POLICE officers arrested seven people after raids on four homes in the Ely area. The officers raided two houses in Wisbech Road, Littleport, one in The Chase, Ely and another in New Barns Avenue, Ely. At two of the addresses they executed drugs warrants w
POLICE officers arrested seven people after raids on four homes in the Ely area.
The officers raided two houses in Wisbech Road, Littleport, one in The Chase, Ely and another in New Barns Avenue, Ely.
At two of the addresses they executed drugs warrants with the help of a specially-trained drugs dog and discovered a variety of drugs paraphernalia.
Two women from Ely, one aged 44 and the other aged 29, were arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled drug after the New Barns Avenue raid on Thursday. They were both bailed to return to Ely Police Station next month.
You may also want to watch:
A 29-year-old man was also arrested on behalf of Norfolk Police on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
A drugs warrant was executed on the same day at a home in Wisbech Road, Littleport where a large quantity of drugs paraphernalia was discovered but no drugs were found and no arrests made.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
A raid three days earlier on another home in the road led to a man and woman being arrested.
The 22-year-old woman from Littleport was arrested on suspicion of possessing a class A drug and a 35-year-old man from Lakenheath was arrested on suspicion of money laundering. Both were bailed.
On the same day a 21-year-old man from Ely was arrested on suspicion of burglary following a raid at The Chase, Ely. He was also granted bail.
Ely Police Inspector, Adam Gallop, said: "These warrants show the continued commitment of the East Cambs neighbourhood policing team to clamp down on the illegal supply and use of class A drugs.
"We specifically want to target the areas where drug use has resulted in crime and anti-social behaviour. Anyone with information on people who are using and supplying drugs should contact police."
INFO: Ely police can be contacted on 0845 4564564 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
n Following the raids Daniel Gillett, 20, of Friars Place, Littleport was charged with theft and breach of bail.